I finally found time
to "lay" the brick chimney in the kitchen.
I had used this product on an office building project,
we put it in the basement, to give it a "loft"feel.
I loved it, and saved the leftovers.
It's a wallpaper product, from Lowe's
and I'm now a big fan.
It comes pre-pasted and only needs to be dipped into water
to activate the paste.
On the office project, I papered to large walls
And I've had so many people walk in
and feel the wall, to see if it's real or faux.
I had lots of little scraps left over that I had saved,
so I pieced them together,
which was a bit like putting a really bad puzzle together.
I love how it came out.
We just ordered our countertops--finally!
The kitchen has been in for almost a year,
and we had grand plans of making concrete countertops,
but our prototypes just weren't working out very well.
Myron isn't a guy who loves a project that require experimentation.
He'd rather have a tried and true method,
so the whole project just frustrated him.
We both decided it's been long enough, and we're ready to have a finished kitchen.
And in case we forget,
Here's a picture of how the whole room looked,
almost 2 years ago, before we started this whole crazy project.